- User Guide
- Charts And Reports
- Creating A Report
TreeView User Guide
Creating a report
TreeView has a range of reports and charts you can generate, allowing you to display the information about your family tree in different ways. They are ideal for sharing with others.
- To create a report, click the 'Reports' button on the toolbar.
- You can then choose the options for the report using the panel on the left hand side:
- Start Person - choose the start person for your report. For example, if you want to generate a narrative report from a particular person, choose this person as your start person.
- Report Name - choose which report you want to generate.
- Report Type (Narrative Report only) - Choose whether you want to show ancestors or descendants of the start person.
- Generations (Narrative Report only) - Choose how many generations you would like to show on the report. The more generations you select, the longer the report will be.
- Fact Data - click the 'Select facts to include' box to choose which facts you want to include in your report. You may like to show just a birth and death date, however you can also include any other facts you have entered, such as a baptism or an occupation.
- Date Display Format - choose how you would like the dates to appear on the chart.
- Include media - tick this box to include photographs and other media items for an individual.
- Include notes - tick this box to include any notes that have been added to each individual.
- Click 'Generate' to generate the chart.
Back to User Guide
TreeView™ ©Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd 1992-2020. All rights reserved.